View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #145
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
I guess that invalidates all your pointing to point totals which is the core tenet of every post you make. After all, this is a verbatim copypaste of what you said within the last week:

"He had 27 friggin points. 294 other players outpointed him. 224 of them were forwards."

Who verified that tougher opposition was a more difficult context than weaker linemates?

Who cares? These are not causal relationships. Linemates and Empty ****ing nets are. It blows my mind that this does not register for you.

No, it's all spin when you are breaking it down to these types of claims (made by you in the last week):

a) "Cause [Bennett's] coach doesn't trust him enough to put him out in [empty net] situation, because he isnt good enough defensively."

b) "He just doesnt have the hockey IQ for that kind of role...he has never shown it either. "

c) "Bennett has shown to find his game for small stretches and then disappear again for weeks."

d) "He will be 23 at the start of next season...dont think we are going to see leaps and bounds of growth from him at this point"

e) "Frolik out produced Bennett with the same amount of ice time and way less PP time. Period."

f) "he is an average at best 3rd liner."

g) "Bennett has had MULTIPLE turns with the best players on this club and failed repeatedly."

THIS is spin. Because it is

a) is speculation BY YOU
b) is YOUR OPINION
c) is anecdotal and not sieved from the hundreds of other NHLers, many in far more favourable situations who are hardly bastions of consistency,
d) is YOUR OPINION
e) a claim that is accurate ONLY at face value because it OMITS key details that are CRUCIAL to making anything RESEMBLING a fair assessment.
f) just... objectively incorrect in every way other than YOUR OPINION
g) based on miniscule samples that were not NECESSARILY EVEN FAILURES but you continue to add YOUR OPINION to the point where it is just rote presentation rather than real information

You wanna accuse me of spin, simply for identifying correcting your boatload of absolute B.S., be my guest.

Well last I checked an average #8 is not a "AT-BEST AVERAGE" third liner, so that would still be a fair rebuttal for your B.S. claim.

That's some Springs1 level type of posting right there.

The fact remains Bennett's offensive game has stagnated. That's not OPINION, but fact.

The fact remains that more than one coach now has failed to put him in a top 6 role. We can speculate to the reasons but if they thought he was good enough, he would likely have been there. People used to say Gulutzan was a bad coach, but BIll Peters is a coach of the year candidate and still doesn't see fit to make Bennett his guy.

The fact remains that in a year may Flames enjoyed career years, Bennett did not.

The fact is that this point in his career, based on stats, usage, and coaching, he is a third line player at best, and while there is a chance that he could still explode, that chance lessens each year.

Pretty much everything you've said is an opinion until Bennett actually goes out and explodes.

The level of antagonism for a long-time poster who doesn't share an opinion is staggering.
Ped is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ped For This Useful Post: