View Single Post
Old 05-06-2019, 01:34 PM   #416
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gb450 View Post
Did anyone have any feedback on how the Kildares event went? Wouldn't mind checking it out there before one of the upcoming games.
Howie_16, myself, and 5 others went there and it was a nice pub. They've got a big Cavalry logo on the front window, and there were quite a few people in there in Cavs gear, scarves, etc. I wouldn't classify it as super busy or anything (yet), but definitely some like-minded people. They had some Premier League on some of the TVs, and actually had the Wanderers-Forge match live on the biggest TV. My impression was this pub was authentic and understood who was there and what they were there for.

One of our group spoke with the owner or manager and there was talk about setting up a dedicated shuttle for future matches. I'll be inquiring about this for my next trip, as that will alleviate the access gong show that we dealt with trying to get to the stadium.

Nice pub, definitely positioning itself as the local pre-match place. Our whole group agreed that we'd factor that into our next match regardless, especially if they had some sort of shuttle so we could leave our car there. Even better would be a Ship & Anchor style arrangement where we could get a ticket, pint, and shuttle deal and that would also ease the pain with ticket prices.

Last edited by Jimmy Stang; 05-06-2019 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Spelling
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post: