Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 04:45 PM   #773
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Back 15 or so years ago they called me, and offered to give me the same plan, but for $10 cheaper. So sure, sounds like a great deal. And it was, for one month, then it become $10 more expensive. So I called back. And they "fixed" it for one month. This continued for 8 or 9 months(an hour on the phone, every time-absolutely infuriating because every time they told me I wouldn't have to call back), then they refused to fix it anymore, so I was stuck paying more for the phone. So I switched to Shaw. Nothing like a year of lies to lose a customer.

Then, at our office, they were stealthily charging for dial up. I saw it on one bill about 8 years ago, I don't usually look at the bills, but noticed it. So I called and canceled. But! They were charging every other month, and it turns out were were paying for 2 separate dial up accounts, but I only noticed one due to this bill for 2 months, then switch to the other one, and bill that for 2 months shenanigans. They also sent us 4 bills a month, so it was really hard to decipher what was what for what month. And it turns out they never actually canceled it. So a few years later I noticed it was still there. This time when I called I was sent to a black hole, because they can't just remove it. One person actually admitted they can remove it in the system, but it won't actually be removed, because it's billed through another system. No, I need to talk to a department that doesn't have a phone number, and they can't transfer me to them but they'll call back! Sure, right. So about a month of this garbage, endless lies yadayada, before I got sick of it and emailed the VP of small business by guessing his email address. Finally, that got it sorted, and they were kind enough to refund 6 months. Thanks.

Then our phone system started dying, and I realized we were paying ungodly amounts. I switched to Shaw, they gave us a free phone system for a 5 year contract, and our bill went down by 2/3rds. They also charged ridiculous long distance rates, like $3 or $4 for some countries? I can't remember, it was nuts.

Their shared hosting is also pretty garbage, stuck on an ancient interface of cpannel. Oh ya, that reminds me! They had been billing us what I thought was an unreasonable amount for this, so I checked the online prices, asked why it was so much cheaper than what we were paying, and they said, "oh, yes, we can switch yo to that." No idea how long this new plan existed or why we weren't automatically switched. Just charging legacy chumps more, I guess.

Oh, and none of the phone numbers or support email links ever seem to work or go to the right place. They are all around miserable to deal with, and I would not voluntarily subject myself to more of it.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post: