View Single Post
Old 11-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #439
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
There was some discussion about the new Assassin's Creed games. What the consensus on these two? It looks like both Origins and Oddessy will be on sale in the coming weeks and I was thinking about jumping back in. The last one I played was the last one in the Ezio trilogy. I liked the gameplay but I didn't follow the story too much (especially the whole dream or virtual reality business). Does that matter? Did they veer away from this whole story arc for the new games or is it the same in terms of story and gameplay?
Oh yeah they've really cut out the modern storyline, its extremely minimal. You can exit out of the animus at any time and get to know the new modern day person (and look around the room for AC story Easter eggs), but it's completely optional. You basically spend 5min out of the animus in Origins storyline. You'll be just fine no worries there.

I'm an AC fan (and ancient Egypt/ancient Greece are my all-time favourite historical periods) so I'm biased, but I think they're great! They've completely overhauled combat it's more challenging and better now, though stealth (while still there) is a bit more minimized. Whether that's good or bad is personal preference. The second Origins DLC "Curse of the Pharaohs" was awesome too.

I'm really enjoying Odyssey to the point where I haven't even touched RDR2 in two weeks and have decided to put it off until I beat Odyssey...which may be a very long time, this game is MASSIVE. I'd recommend it if you liked AC before

EDIT: Also, Origins/Odyssey look fairly similar - aside from one is mostly desert and the other has lots of water - but the vibe is very different. Bayek in Origins is very serious, more like Altair and Connor in AC3. Whereas Odyssey is more light hearted with silly moments like the Ezio series. Just fyi

Last edited by Sainters7; 11-15-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote