View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 08:23 AM   #125
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntingwhale View Post
The Flames seem to have a knack most seasons to stumble out of the gate, questions arise, then they have to dig themselves out of a hole. Sadly, I'm kind of expecting the start this season to be the same.

But what I am expecting is once the team settles into their groove, is that we actually see one of the ''best defensive units in the NHL'' live up to their potential. I want to see 3 great pairings control the pace of the game. Be able to to shut down other team's top players and lock down a lead. Be able to QB the PP and make other teams regret taking penalties.
I definitely agree that traditionally the Flames are slow starters and so take some time to find their groove I just hope this year is different. I expect a different mentality this year, just making it is not enough. This team will come back largely the same as last year and in my mind camp should be dedicated to getting everyone up to speed. I don't see any surprise roster spots so no real need to play a lot of the known AHL bound players. Get the lineup set and get to work. Flames need to expect to win not hope to win. I think that is the difference between good and great teams. Chicago has a confidence that they will beat anyone not just thinking they have a chance.

I am not saying we are Stanley Cup bound this year but this season has to be the start of a 3 or 4 year window where I think the Flames can really establish themselves as a top tier team. A good start and a consistent season are key to that in my mind.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote