Thread: Draft re-caps
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 05:24 PM   #7
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

This was one of the strangest drafts for me as usually my list lasts a lot longer and I get players I target. In this one I made a list to cover as far as my 2nds. I was really surprised as my top 27 picks were all selected in the top 29. In all my years this has never happened to me.

#9 Kirby Dach - Didn't expect him to drop me to me, I had him firmly entrenched in my top 5. I figured that I would be choosing between Caufield, Boldy, and Podkolzin. I was really hoping on Caufield, but must admit I am very happy that Dach fell to me.

#17 Cam York - I was really hoping Newhook slipped to me here as he is a local boy. But I am very happy to see York available if Newhook wasnt. He is easily one of the top offensive D available and I think he has a huge upside.

#23 Lassi Thomson - This is where things got interesting for me. I really wanted Lavoie. However over the past week something about Thomson really started to grow on me. His skating, shot and upside were intriguing and I really think he is a guy to watch at next week's NHL draft. I see him as a late riser that could surprise a lot of people. I figured he may be still be there at 34, but I didnt want to chance it, I wanted Thomson.

#34 Jamieson Rees - I figured I would get a guy I ranked top 25. Not so lucky. I had Rees pegged as a target at 49. I really like his compete level. I think he is the type of player everyone hates to play against but loves on your team. I dont see a super high upside, but do see an NHL with a solid future here.

#36 Jackson Lacombe - Another homerun swing on a mystery pick. This guy is an enigma. He is a great skater and has huge offensive potential. The fact that he only moved to D last season and had 89 points shows his potential. The obvious knock was obviously lack of competition, but I have a feeling that this kid is just at the tip of his potential and was worth taking a swing on.

#49 Vladislav Firstov - Just took a gamble that this kid could put it together. He seems to have potential. But my list was completely exhausted and he seemed like an alright pick at this spot.

#91 Rhett Pitlick
#120 Roman Bychkov
#126 Josh Nodler

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Goffie For This Useful Post: