Thread: Draft re-caps
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 04:50 PM   #6
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

2019 Draft Overview

I'm still trying to process the draft. There was a lot of players that the 'Canes have been targeting all season long but when it came to drafting time we found that our pick locations were no where near our rankings for such player. I was left with the position that I draft well ahead of the rankings or trust the rankings and let the players I've been scouting go elsewhere.

In the end I want with my rankings, now the NHL draft will reflect if that was a good decision or not.

1st Round
10 - Vasily Podkolzin - The 10th overall selection for us was just going to be whomever fell. With two selection being made out of my top 10 it left Podkolzin alone of my deft sheet to select
15 - Arthur Kaliyev - Kaliyev has been a Hurricane for two season now, it was just a matter of time before it became official. I ended up drafting him high but I wasn't willing to pay the cost to have to acquire him a year from now
22 - Connor McMichael - McMichael progressed tremendously this season with the Knights, but when it came to time to draft I was tempted to grab the names that have been getting all the attention like Tomasino but in the end I had to go with my rankings. Although I expect McMichael to drop he is still my pick that I won't be surprised that a NHL team values higher

2nd Round
43 - Patrik Puistola - Tried my best to stick to my rankings and I had Puistola rated much higher than this. I was targeting players elsewhere but I found in the second round I should have positioned myself around much better
53 - Mikko Kokkonen - I had him going in the 30's so getting him here at 53, it was a shock. Once again wasn't on my plans because I just didn't think he would be available at where I was drafting.

3rd Round

70 - Nikita Okhotuk
71 - Antti Saarela

4th Round
87 - Jacob Leguerrier
92 - Samuel Bolduc
93 - Graeme Clarke
97 - Nikola Pasic

Last edited by Hanna Sniper; 06-15-2019 at 04:53 PM.
Hanna Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hanna Sniper For This Useful Post:
MJK