View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 02:36 PM   #3169
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
Rafa hasn't exactly been all smiles and hugs with each successive major that Djoker has took from him either. of the 3, only Djoker seems to be able to put on a friendly face after defeat.

without the Serb-bot, Roger and Rafa are probably in a race for 27+ majors each. that's either incredibly awesome or incredibly terrible depending on who you're a fan of.
Of course I wasn’t saying Rafa is all smiles after a loss, all 3 of them hate losing that’s why they each have the major total as they do. Someone like Zverev seems to accept losing and not fight for it at Grand Slams.

If Nadal never played tennis, Federer would have won 11 straight majors, which I think that would have killed men’s tennis. It would have taken away any excitement for the sport because you would know who was going to win. Even Federer fans would get bored knowing he was going to win and not be challenged. It’s why so many people cheer against Nadal at the French because he has dominated that major they want someone else to win.

As much as it hurts when your favorite loses against another big 3 member, all 3 needed each other in their careers and all 3 have incredible wins over their rivals.

Federer beat Djokovic at the French Open in 2011 semi finals, and Nadal at the 2017 AO
Nadal beat Federer at Wimbledon 08 and Djokovic at the 2013 French Open semi final
Djokovic beat Federer at this years Wimbledon final and Nadal at their epic AO final

For me anyways, those loses by Nadal made his victories so much sweeter. I don’t think I celebrated any Grand Slam as much as his 2017 US Open title. The reason was I remembered those horrible defeats to Fognini and Pouille, compared to him winning his 9th French Open title it was just more of the same.