View Single Post
Old 03-01-2024, 03:55 PM   #17
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I think it is good. It definitely falls short compared to BoB. I actually like it better than The Pacific though.

I think the biggest difference between this show and BoB for me is I have no idea who anyone is in MoA. BOB did a great job of showing the different perspectives of all the soldiers.

In MOA they are talking about guys who died and I have to google it to figure out which actor that was.

My Grandpa was a navigator in a Lancaster during WW2. He didn't talk about the war a lot, at least not around me, but he did mention being in the bubble and being shot at first by the enemy pilots. This puts a bit more perspective on what he went through, different planes I understand, but similar circumstances.

We will never have a generation like that again.
Yeah this ones tougher to follow the characters because they are spanning a longer time frame than BoB and so many of these airmen died very quickly.

I plan to binge watch it again when it's completed.

I've seen BoB so many times now that I know every character immediately when they hit the screen, but I don't think it was like that the first time or two I watched it.
Roof-Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote