View Single Post
Old 02-24-2024, 06:28 AM   #5
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Good call buddy.

As I've posted in the TV thread I think this show has been at its best when it is in the air, however this latest episode was a very good ground based outing.

Which kind of sucks as there are only a few episodes left, and apparently one of them will have nothing to really do with the 100th.
I agree with this, but when the planes are in the air we really cant learn much about the characters.

The thing is, a plane in the air becomes the character. The Pilots fly, and they're bombers, so its pretty much 'fast and straight' its not exciting stuff.

Theres the navigator. He draws lines and stuff.

Theres the gunners and they're busy shooting so, you dont really deal with them much.

And theres the Bombardier who is kind of neat.

But you cant develop any characterization in that context. So the last episode was an interesting diversion from that, and I think thats good, but the show's best elements have been in the air.

Kind of walking a knife's edge.

It'll be interesting to see where it goes from here. On that note though...is it a limited series like Band of Brothers or is there possibility of a second season? Because if they could continue it, they could take a little more time on character development.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote