View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 01:56 PM   #19
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Well, we both know it's union propaganda.

They can't exactly complain about salary, vacation time or benefits. Those are all first rate, particularly in this economy.

What's that leave for the union to rile teachers and their spouses up about? Class sizes. It's their go-to and it works every time. Worked in the late 80s, worked through the 90s, worked in the 2000s, worked in the 2010s and of course it'll work in the 2020s.

I know for a fact anybody between 16 and 60 knows teachers have always complained about class sizes. There isn't a teacher working today who didn't know what they were signing up for, but they all get amnesia as soon as they start teaching and think they're being overworked and underappreciated with these HUGE class sizes nobody ever told them to expect lol.

Rinse and repeat for the next 50 years, I guess.
Well the ATA thinks class sizes are too large, because their aim is more teachers. No surprise to that one. And of course parents fall on their side because they want their kids to have smaller classes and be geniuses.

I don't know...I just know that my class sizes were too big and that was a lot of years ago. Class sizes have been a problem constantly, it seems.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote