View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 07:30 PM   #349
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsJunky View Post
I'm not sure if this has already been posted. Bill Maher had an interesting guest who pointed out how little firearms training the police officers actually receive. This is a short clip of a longer interview that was quite eye opening. She basically says the job isn't that dangerous in reality but it is driven into every cop that danger lurks around every corner. Combine that fear with poor training and you get these types of killings.

Yeah I watched this on Friday night, and I can vouch for the fact police officers here and in the U.S. get very little firearms training.

I compete in pistol action shooting sports, and we take a training course for a full 3 days just to be allowed to compete (after our licensing, etc.), and we're already more trained than a CPS or EPS cop.... and this is from our trainers that train them, as well as CPS that compete with us.

In fact, a lof the cops that compete alongside us do so in order to sharpen up their skills so that they're better at their jobs... Go figure.
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote