View Single Post
Old 02-27-2020, 03:33 PM   #195
spetch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
It's not Amazon and Walmart destroying local businesses; it's us/consumers.

I have a B&M store. People will stand at my counter with Amazon up on their phone shoving an Amazon price under my nose with a "gotcha, you rip-off artist!" attitude. And I'm like, yeah, they're cheaper, but I'm here right now open for you to get that thing you need right now. I have to pay rent, overhead, I had to put up the cash to stock this item you now want that is here ready for you, etc. If you buy from me, I'll take that money and go out for dinner with my family at the restaurant your cousin owns in Calgary, or pay my share of municipal taxes that fund the fire department that'll put out your house fire. They don't care. People want the cheapest thing and DGAF about the bigger picture. I'm guilty of it, too, but I have landed on its all of our fault. I think people should own the guilt and not let themselves off the hook by blaming Amazon or Walmart.
Very rarely do I agree with Sliver, but must quote for the truth. Also what to add to that same person who waved amazon in your face, will also be upset when they come in the next week looking for donations and you have to tell them unfortunately you cannot due to budget constraints.

Last edited by spetch; 02-27-2020 at 03:34 PM. Reason: spelling
spetch is offline   Reply With Quote