View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 11:47 PM   #284
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
"Majority" and "entire" are strong all-inclusive words. On what basis did you form this opinion? Have you tried the "majority" or the "entire" list yourself?
Well, we could start with Other where a person has seriously recommended another person obstruct their respiratory system during sleep by:

tap[ing] your mouth shut while you sleep (if you don’t have severe sleep apnoea (sp. apnea; but also seemingly only if you have severe sleep apnoea))
- You can train more airflow through your nose by doing cardiovascular exercise with your mouth closed. Again, tape up your mouth if needed.

No. No, don't do that.

Quote:
Having had a family member go through insomnia issues they've had medical professionals and alternative health offer very close to the same advice as this list. Close, but not identical, and obviously a few differences but surprisingly similar.
I suspect the "majority" of professionals were "alternative".

I'm not trying to be a dick and take away from anything that gets a person a better sleep, but this list is, at best pseudo-science, and, at worst highly dangerous.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote