View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 09:37 AM   #304
wretched34
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
Sorry I'm old and 22 is a kid to me. Yes I get that they are adults I'm not trying to skew any narrative.

Yes I agree they put themselves in the spot and I do understand why people aren't losing sleep.

It's sad though. It's sad that I know people who are rejoicing in this. It's sad that a life isn't more valuable.
I don't think anybody is saying that life isn't valuable, or that Colten Bushie's life is any less valuable than Stanley's. I think the Stanley "Supporters" are simply saying actions have consequences, and the victim of poor choices shouldn't be the only one held accountable.

Bushie and Friends made terrible choice after terrible choice that day, that put many lives at risk including their own. Choosing to go on a crime spree, while under the influence, and carrying a weapon is a choice that puts your life at risk. Much like sky diving is a choice that puts your life at risk. When a divers chute doesn't open, people don't look to the colour of the instructors skin to find an excuse, or blame the parachute, or the ground. It's a tragic accident, much like Bushie's death was, but it was an accident caused by the situation the individual puts him or herself in. It all could have been avoided, a physical life would not have been lost, and the lives of multiple families, including the Stanley's would not have been destroyed, had these adults not made decisions that put everyone at risk.
wretched34 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wretched34 For This Useful Post: