View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 06:25 AM   #27
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Adam Schefter reporting the Cowboys will NOT be making a head coaching change, Mike McCarthy is returning for the 2024 season. That's surprising.
It's not really surprising. Jerry has developed fierce loyalty over the decades and loves his guys more than any other owner. He loved Zeke, loves Dak, loves McCarthy and will hold on to all of them until they get past their expiry. One one level I find that admirable that he doesn't treat these people like they are disposable like other organizations, but it has to be a little frustrating for Cowboys fans. That said I'm not sure firing McCarthy guarantees better results as firing a coach that has won 12 games in three consecutive seasons is a call that will backfire more than not as I don't think it's an easy place to coach and their issues in the playoffs predate McCarthy.

I remember the ridiculous discussion here earlier in the season about McDermott getting the axe. I don't think some of you realize that good coaches don't grow on trees and when you have a good one, you keep them, and don't make knee jerk reactions based on a losing streak, bad playoff loss, or one down season. There's a lot of fools gold hot coordinators out there that aren't cut out to be head coaches.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 01-18-2024 at 06:30 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote