View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:52 AM   #56
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
Smith is the only major concern as he is old and he isn't nearly as good as everyone here seems to think.

Hes an average goalie in this league and we can't be relying on a slightly above average 36 year old to lead us deep in the playoffs...

Don't get me wrong, I think his first half last season was excellent and he deserved the all star game but from around then onwards (even before the injury) he wasn't very good.

I just don't see mike smith as a goalie who gets you to a cup final. could he get you to the playoffs? maybe, i guess we'll see but I really am not comfortable with him as our 1a and no even borderline 1b available, at least to start the season.

Hopefully I'm wrong but everything else has been improved. getting rid of GG was enough to improve most things and then all the additions on top of that have really pushed thinngs in a positive direction and the flames are looking to have 3 - 4 solid lines a la vegas golden knights and can roll all four groups out there successfully.

Would add that Derek Ryan playing on the top line or in top 6 is a concern for me... really don't like giving coaches a guy who is a crutch for them to lean on. like bart mattkowski last year, when GG kept running "his guy" out there. I just don't think hes good enough to be anywhere above our fourth line
This stuff is so overstated
Bartowski barely played after the first month
As for Ryan analytics show he is more than a fourth liner. Why do you not think he’s good enough to play above that. Based on what?
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote