Thread: Treliving
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 10:25 PM   #20
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonkaupp View Post
Insane that people want to give Treliving credit for trades he *almost* made. His UFA signings haven’t just been bad, they’ve been among the worst moves made by any GM in the NHL. There have been some good prospects but no one (Save the easiest pick in the world in Tkachuk) has really turned into a star yet so think we better slow down on declaring him such a good drafter. Doesn’t help that he’s traded away so much of his draft capital over the years. Hamonic trade was terrible. Resigning Stone. Long list of terrible moves. Treliving clearly hasn’t been a total failure but I think the sum of his parts is starting to reveal that he is no where the guy that many in this fan base say he is. I think extending him was a mistake and I hope they rectify it sooner than later.
It’s not “credit”. But it’s refutation of the notion he sat on his hands and didn’t try to improve the team. He tried - it just didn’t get done. What could he have done to make those trades work? In one case the other team f’d up the documents. In another the player vetoed and then got traded anyway.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post: