View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 11:29 PM   #1193
Pizza
Poster

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubeyr1 View Post
South Street is garbage! They have a great marketing campaign but the food sucks. The food is better than BK but I think McDonalds is better than them with their more expensive burgers.

South Street has a trendy name. Sheep run to trendy names. Calgary as a whole does this. Other cities in Canada have so many other private independent restaurants to go to.

South Street is a joke. Good PR though. The food is not terrible. Yet the competition is much better.

I am not a fan of smash burger but its much better food at the same price. Have a hamburger from Fat Burger. So little PR from them, but damn they make a great burger.

As for those people out there that wanted pickled beets, eggs, etc on a hamburger?

This is a hamburger! If anyone ever puts beets or an egg on my burger I will knock them out! There is a reason these are not options at 99 percent of burger joints!

A hamburger is like a religion. If you want to be a radical do it in your own home, not in public!
Indeed, most who enjoy pickled beets are in Australia and these are the same people enjoy putrid stuff like vegemite and regular yogurt (not the frozen kind) from yogurt stands on the streets

As for South St. Burger, I'd put them in the same quality as Carl's Jr. but unfortunately you're paying much more. Would rather go to Smashburger/fat burger/5 guys if you're spending that much on a burger

Although their fries and onion rings are pretty good
Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote