View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #1816
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
Speaking of underrated...

Huge in the UK in their time, which I never realised as Rip It up was probably the last single I bought before emigrating to Canada, I just thought it was a cool jangly guitar song with a neat picture cover, it wasn't until they released a 4 cd retrospective with gushing reviews in the Guardian I had any idea how big they were, there was a period before the internet became a thing were if you lived in Canada you had no idea what was going on in the UK music scene.

Edwyn Collins first band, In a BBC 6 Music radio interview on 18 February 2005, Collins said he felt unwell, but ascribed the nausea and vertigo to food poisoning. Two days later, he was admitted to intensive care in London's Royal Free Hospital after apparently suffering a major cerebral haemorrhage. After suffering a second haemorrhage he had an operation on 25 February 2005, which was followed by a lengthy programme of neurological rehabilitation owing to right-sided weakness and difficulty with speech. The aphasia he suffered allowed him to repeat only four phrases, over and over again: "yes", "no", "Grace Maxwell" (his wife's name) and "the possibilities are endless" he has gone on to make a reasonable recovery and plays music again.

Last edited by afc wimbledon; 02-20-2019 at 11:48 PM.
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post: