View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 10:21 AM   #303
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Reeeeead View Post
Admittedly, I havent seen the losing shot against Denmark. I have heard the same analysis as you stated. Annoying how hard it is to find highlights on that.

I mean, everyone misses the broom "sometimes" and misses happen. You point to two stones there as line misses, and I could point to the fact that they were only in a position to score in the first end because the Chinese second completely flashed a hit in the first end.

My point being, I haven't seen them miss more shots as a result of just alignment misses than I would typically expect. I would suggest that they misses are being more impactful and inflated because the games have been very tight, and each shot is very important. In past games these misses may be happening when they are already up 5 points, or is a shot for three instead of potentially losing the game. The margins are tighter than they normally are.
All good points. But I really do think they are "missing" quite a bit more than you'd expect. I would expect more misses from some of these teams, (like the Chinese second you pointed out) as after all these aren't the best curlers in the world necessarily.

But I'm also thinking back to the mixed. Sure ice conditions may have changed, but draw weight wasn't a big problem for those teams.

I'm not sure the standings look like some random crap shoot in the men's and women's. Homan's team just isn't playing as well as they could IMO.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote