View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 01:39 PM   #17
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

I find that they operate using fear more than being part of 'community'. They seem more military than civilian, for example they have changed their slogan to "Courage, Vigilance, Pride" and removed any public accountability from it. They enforce more 'policy' than 'law' and profit far too much off of the public. A police force that benefits off ticketing the public is a dangerous policy and a conflict of interest. For example, there is no multanova in Ottawa and it is approximately the same size as Calgary, and they have the same (or less) accidents at intersections than Calgary.

The Police enforce the completely gender bias family law system, and domestic violence system.

I'm not alone in my feelings. Here is a poll on the Police force approval rating. http://calgaryherald.com/news/local-...ry-police-poll

The Police are a necessity, but they are definitely a profit tool currently and they need to be reformed along with most of the justice department.

There was a news video about the profit that one county creates through traffic violations and it was the most, by far, in the USA. Obviously this is not the USA but Canada operates similarly to the USA. However, I can't find it now.

A topical Last week tonight story.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote