Thread: 2021 NFL Season
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 01:11 PM   #3131
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
What are the Raiders fans thoughts on Basaccia? He's only the interim coach and it's said they'll do a full search. I'm not sure if he ever had big aspirations to being a Head Coach before he was thrust into this role or not. It was a tough situation and I thought he acquitted himself quite well. I didn't see much to criticize about his game management, and to me at least, it seemed like the Raiders had fewer penalty's than past years. I can see why they might go for an established name, and sometimes a guy doing a good job relative to a bad situation doesn't translate to a full year of success.
The rumours on the Raiders message boards is that Harbaugh has been or will be offered the job and they are waiting on him. If that falls through then it's anyone's guess. The players clearly love Basaccia and he clearly has great leadership skills but the x & o's is kind of lacking as he's never been a head coach in any capacity. He would need top shelf coordinators. Bradley was decent this season (finally a season where the Raiders don't have the worst defense in the NFL!) so I have no issue if he remains but the offense was Jon Gruden's and Olson is not a good offensive coordinator. I imagine if Basaccia stays that Davis will at least expect him to hire a new OC and offensive line coach as Tom Cable is one of the all time worst offensive line coaches in the NFL.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 01-17-2022 at 01:14 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: