View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 05:10 PM   #3667
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
White non-college are 40 per cent of the U.S. voting population. Democrats can’t just concede them to the GOP with a shrug of contempt.

And Democrats also have to stop pretending that the values and issues that engage educated, liberal whites - the kind who steer discourse and party activism - align with the values of the non-white working class. The Colbert Report, Twitter, and NPR aren’t windows into the Democratic base.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...problem-514992
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
"Well, they hire minorities, that's good. And they do DE&I, they promote diversity and have a $17 minimum wage we can't attack them too much over working conditions" This is the crazy big tent thinking people have, they weigh the good diversity stuff against the deplorable working conditions stuff. "But they're diverse, they get a pass." Too many issues that the Democratic Party supports are in conflict with each other, so they go nowhere.
Maybe I'm crazy, but I don't see how advocating for better working rights is going to alienate minorities. Do you think minorities are going to side with Amazon over the Democrats if the Democrats are trying to improve conditions? It's not like Amazon has a great public image at this point. People know what/who they are.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote