View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 01:35 PM   #39
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseCuervo View Post
I think you are pretty naive if you think this is only about gas prices. Protesters have seized weapons and security forces have been killed today. They have also seized one of the major airports and have said they have done so to prevent Russian forces from landing. I think a lot of this in anti Russian sentiment.

I don’t think discussing current events is fear mongering, and it’s pretty rich for you to advice someone to get context when you don’t seem to grasp the situation.
Well, then the onus is on your to prove this is about Russia and the potential for starting a world war through Kazakhstan. This started as caps on LNG protests, has evolved to anti-government protests against an autocratic regime in place since 1990. It also sounds more like internal power struggles between President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and former leader Nursultan Nazarbayev, with civil fractions at play.

You think Russia is going to risk intervening in Kazakhstan while he's doing a mass build-up of arms on the Ukrainian border and has all eyes from NATO watching his every move? This just adds more risk to his plate and spreads troops thin if he even dares to intervene.

If you're claiming this is about Russia starting world war, then I'll get my chair and popcorn and you can fill us all in on what you know and the facts around all of it.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote