View Single Post
Old 01-04-2022, 09:42 PM   #25
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
There was a ton of anti-Japanese sentiment and anti-Japanese protests a few years ago in China due to a disputed island and news of Japanese textbooks redacting attrocities committed in WWII, etc.

It seems to have abated over recent years but it also doesn't help that Mainland Chinese cinema and popular culture is rife with jingo-istic anti-Japanese war films and what amounts to sheer Asian on Asian racism with them always portrayed as the bad guys in everything from medieval to modern times.
The Japanese government being revisionists when it comes to their terrible history and disgusting acts against their Asian neighbors (e.g. South Korea, Phillipines, China) is nothing new and certainly wasn't only recently discovered. There's certainly bitterness and anger throughout the Chinese towards what those Japanese did during those times - heck, it pisses me off and I'm Canadian - but I can't see people being happy if a war happens today against a Japanese leadership that had nothing to do with those things and while trying to cover up what happened is terrible, it's not the sort of things that would trigger a country like China to go to war when they haven't shown any sort of desire to be a country that wages wars unlike some other countries.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote