View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:22 AM   #10
RockLicker
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Now I am not an LNG expert by any means, and I don't have a detailed understanding of this project, but I'm pretty sure Petronas/et al will be able to fill this terminal from 2023 virtually in perpetuity. Seems to me, they've spent the last years drilling gas at a loss to prove their resource, and FID is made now with all the takeaway spoken for through the foreseeable life of the project. Once capacity for takeaway is built, Petronas and Shell (and maybe the other project partners in Horn River shales? Kogas? Mitsubishi? Are they still in there?) will just scale up drilling and fill it up.

Average joe E&P is not accessing the global gas market unless this is a harbinger of more LNG projects.

I may be proven wrong about the long term impact, but I have a hard time seeing this shifting the Western Canadian gas market all that much, aside from maybe taking a little bit of pressure off Station 2.

Of course if this opens the door for more projects, then all bets are off, but that's a long, twisted, politically ridiculous ways off.
RockLicker is offline   Reply With Quote