View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 10:49 AM   #954
ericschand
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
Or just play hardball (or barely any games at all in my case) and get 150 for $60/month with Shaw. I think I outlined it in the telus vs. shaw thread, but it can be had for that price with no issues, especially if you're already a customer.

After that, just get a Firestick and an Eternal TV account and feel good about your life choices. Supplement with Netflix and Amazon TV because we all have those accounts and you're looking even better. Add in the K word everyone loves to hate with some good repos and a Real-Debrid account and you may never leave your living room
How long is the $60 for? 6 months? Indefinite? Until they raise the prices again? I'm happy with $70 and no haggling.

I tried hardball, as I was expecting to leave for TekSavvy. I told them so, that they have to compete with $70/month. The best they could do on a no-contract was $90/month. So I left. They did want to re-visit the price when I phoned them to cancel all services. I ended up telling them, "I don't want anymore numbers, I'm done. I've got TekSavvy up and running."

They again wanted to talk price when I went to hand in the cable modem.

So maybe the $60 is reachable but what's the point after I've already left and subscribed elsewhere? Should have offered it before I left, when I phoned and gave them the chance.

Venturing off topic but that's the problem I see in many places. When I leave, all of a sudden you want to offer me better prices or service. Why make me go to that point, then try to win me back? Why not try to keep me in the first place? You know, customer service, maybe, just maybe, I'll feel happy and tell people, "I'm with Shaw!" instead of "Uh...I use...Shaw " Or in my case, "I used to be with Shaw... "

ers
ericschand is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ericschand For This Useful Post: