View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 10:08 AM   #56
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Damn, really hoping some of you can find a way to pull yourselves out of the cycles you are in. Never enjoy reading things about community members here, but such is life sometimes unfortunately. Hoping the best for y'all. After reading some comments here, I would say I am probably around a 7. Lots of my own issues pale in comparison to what some are going through not only here, but around the world.

The RU/UA war has really taken a toll at some points in my home. But I am grateful every single moment knowing my wife and (almost) all her family are safe, when back in 2022 I legit worried I might never see any of them again. Been having some roommate drama lately which sucks, because my wife and I went out of our way to help a couple that is new to the country last year, only to have them over the last few months basically take advantage of us and stab us in the back at various stages. I am lucky to have the job I have and am paid well, but I constantly feel like my role will be outsourced at any moment due to having a new boss across the world in a country notorious for using outsourced employees. Feels like it's only a matter of time.

In the grand scheme of things, these are all pretty minor. My family is all healthy and stable. I live in a country where I don't have to worry about artillery or missiles hitting my house in my sleep. Even with the roommate situation, we've been able to pay off almost all my debt and save more money then ever before. If I do get laid off, I have been preparing for this scenario for years and will be ready to hit the ground running searching for another job. My wife's family had a difficult year adjusting to life in Poland from Ukraine, but now have a great living arrangement, her Mom having a great support system of new friends, and her step dad recently got a new job for a lot more pay. My parents broke the 60 year old marks last year, but have their health, finances in order, ability to travel and are in good spirits about getting older.

TBH I could probably bump up my score to an 8. I have a lot to be thankful for and a great partner to go along with it.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post: