View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 12:57 AM   #4
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
Can we just re-name this the "bash Republicans" thread?
It isn't so much a "bash Republicans" as it is a dislike for their extreme views. I'm a lefty anyways so I'll probably never like them but the Republican party has been taken over by the Christian Right and the Tea Party so that the party is no longer recognizable by their normal constituents.

Even GW Bush or Reagan probably couldn't have won the last nomination because they were too liberal.

They seem to be on the road to change though and will no longer allow the tail to wag the dog.

Quote:
CNN) – While Republicans continue to soul search after their party's loss in the presidential election, former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour injected a new term Wednesday to describe the GOP's introspection. "The ground game is really important, and we have to be, I mean we've got to give our political organizational activity a very serious..." he said, taking a pause and looking for the right word. "Proctology exam. We need to look everywhere."
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...octology-exam/

In this article we have some comments from Jindal and Christie chastising Romney along with this quote.

Quote:
Carlos Gutierrez, Romney campaign adviser in charge of Hispanic outreach was also "shocked" by Romney's comments about the Obama victory.

"I was shocked. I was shocked and, frankly, I don't think that's why the Republicans lost the election, why we lost the election. I think we lost the election because the far right of this party has taken the party to a place that it doesn't belong," he said.
http://zeenews.india.com/news/world/...ey_811325.html

Maybe we'll have some sense coming out of this party in the future. The States will be better off for it.

oh yeah, here's Jindal's response to Romney's poor loser rant.

Quote:
"That is absolutely wrong," Jindal said at Wednesday's session of the annual Republican Governors Association meeting in Las Vegas, according to the Washington Examiner's Byron York. "I absolutely reject that notion." "I don't think that represents where we are as a party and where we're going as a party," Jindal continued. "That has got to be one of the most fundamental takeaways from this election: If we're going to continue to be a competitive party and win elections on the national stage and continue to fight for our conservative principles, we need two messages to get out loudly and clearly: One, we are fighting for 100 percent of the votes, and secondly, our policies benefit every American who wants to pursue the American dream. Period. No exceptions."

Last edited by Vulcan; 11-17-2012 at 01:09 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vulcan For This Useful Post: