View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 04:12 PM   #585
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
https://calgaryherald.com/news/local...s-too-menacing

Here's the 2018 follow up to the first Herald article. Apparently it saves $5000 per car, which I guess I'll trust but man that seems weird, when you think about it.

They say "You just buy a black car and toss two white decals plus police decals", but it's not like they were painting the old vehicles. They were just plain white cars with a blue decal wrapped around the middle of the vehicle.

So they're saying two white door decals cost $5000 less than that thin wrap around decal? Screw criticizing police, I'm off to put stock in that decal company!!
I had wondered about the savings, too. But you have to look at what the decals are and how many there are.

On the new cars, it's one big white door decal, some gold letters and the high-vis stuff.

On the old cars, (and I'm assuming the blue/red stripe was one big decal) you had the two rear quarter panel decals (with the non-emerg number in them), the two rear door decals, the two front door decals (with Calgary, Police and the seal on them), and the front quarter panel decals. Depending on when you are looking, the front quarter panel decals had to be custom made per car, as they had the unit number in them (the 4 digit number you see in the blue stripe). I've seen some of the vehicles without the numbers in the blue stripe, but numbers were blue and above the red stripe, so you'd need the blue numbers for that (which still seems cheaper than 2x custom decals per vehicle). The rear had blue letters and numbers and the high vis stuff.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post: