View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 05:03 PM   #266
wittynickname
wittyusertitle

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
AFAIK, the only women in this thread are wittynickname, peanut and girlysports. My sister lives in Washington DC and she is part of an online group/board of women professionals (lawyers, nurses, accountants, etc), and the majority of the women there are pro-choice.
I've mostly peeked into the thread but otherwise stayed quiet. Because you aren't going to convince someone to change their mind in a thread on the internet. Until we as Americans can agree that healthcare is a right, until we as Americans can agree that $7.25 is not a livable minimum wage, until we as Americans can agree that it's worth a few extra dollars in taxes every year to ensure that children in poverty can eat, that children deserve an education, until we can do something about the fact that children in Flint are still being poisoned with lead--every other argument in here is a non-starter for me.

We as Americans don't treat living humans with the care that these people want to treat zygotes, and until conservatives start treating actual existing humans with the respect they have for fetuses, I just don't have much to say about their arguments.

Last edited by wittynickname; 05-23-2019 at 05:07 PM.
wittynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to wittynickname For This Useful Post: