View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 07:10 AM   #208
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeluxeMoustache View Post
^ I never said I think Bennett is getting 4 million

You said the series proved he wasn’t a difference maker. A difference maker doesn’t mean play miraculously overcoming and reversing a garbage series from Gaudreau, Monahan, Hamonic, Hanifin, etc and reversing a 30 shot per game differential. It’s often something like a consistent effort and a timely goal here and there in an otherwise competitive game.

Don’t overestimate the reach of my remark
It’s not just the Colorado series that proves out who Bennett is.

This is not a dissection of the Colorado series but a discussion of Bennett’s worth. His play in the Colorado series was solid but also not worthy of an 8 year contract, nor a $4 million plus AAV. Those kinds of contracts go to special players.

There are things to like about Sam’s game but you don’t commit that kind of money and term to a player like that. Especially something with little to no leverage.

You have replied to me about 10 times and I still have no idea what point you’re trying to make. You’ve brought up Iginla, Kipper, Globetrotters...

Every player in the league can make a difference in a close game. Steve Montador, God rest his soul, scored a huge goal for the Flames and made a difference in a playoff game.

Should Bennett have single handedly turned the Colorado series around? I haven’t said that once. Don’t know why you are trying to argue that point.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote