View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 12:21 PM   #16
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Cookin View Post
I don't think it's worth trying to rank these abilities or scale them.

These abilities and conflicts work against each other in ways that serve the story. Not according to a scale.
if you've spent any time reading vs. battle forums, you'd know that literally NOTHING is more important than being able to objectively rank the power sets of fictional characters across multiple universes, and being able to call out anyone who disagrees as a deluded fanboy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
There's going to be some sort of plot device to take him down in the end, even if you have to suspend belief for it (I know, I talk about suspending belief about a comic book universe lol).
never let anyone use the excuse of "it's just a comic book / space wizard / zombies and dragons story!" in order to brush away weak storytelling. of course everyone knows it's fiction so suspending belief that these things actually exist goes without saying.

it's internal consistency that the audience is really after. if you didn't care about that because it's a comic book movie and anything should be possible, then you wouldn't care if the conclusion involved Happy Hogan discovering he's actually the son of Galactus and using his powers to restore life in the universe with one hand, while karate chopping Thanos' pruney head off with the other.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post: