View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #1
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:
Default Captain Marvel Spoiler Thread

Thought I would make our own thread so we can discuss the movie freely and i believe it deserves its own thread.

I thought Marvel nailed it. I thought this movie was highly entertaining with a mash up of buddy cop meets sci-fi meets Top Gun (Goose!!)

I thought Jackson was great as Fury, a more up beat younger version with the anti aging tech looking amazing. The background behind the eye was clutch as well.

Coulson gets some big screen love. Ronin with an awkward yet still "ahh cool they mingled another MCU element" cameo. The teseract getting some more screen time. That other guy who's Ronin's henchman in GOTG.. All of it just worked well together.

I especially loved the way they handled the strong female role model. I think this was done much better than Wonder Woman. There was a great build up, while maybe a bit predictable, with an amazing payoff. This movie was meant to target a younger female demographic and I believe that was spot on, but it was still entertaining for the adult male.

Brie Larson was a bit inconsistent is maybe my only beak, she was super confident cocky in some parts, but then able to be easily manipulated and bullied in others. And with all the timeline jumping around and flashbacks it did make it a TAD hard to follow where exactly her character development was at.. but I still think overall they did a good job.

I would rate this at a solid 7/10.

The after credits scene was also well done and doesn't really give us much more about endgame besides we can expect Marvel to show up fairly early..

But now the question arises, has the MCU made their Superman? Is she all powerful and unbeatable? They've always blurred the lines of abilities and levels of power among heroes, with a lot of inconsistencies you kind of shrug off due to everything else being very well done. But does Captain Marvel give them that Superman effect of, why not just have her one shot the baddie?