View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 10:47 PM   #1
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default No Nudity in the Change Room

Saw this article, and there's a lot to have a look at here. The basic gist:

Quote:
The City of Brossard on Montreal's South Shore is defending its decision to ban nudity in municipal sports facilities, saying that the move is in response to citizen complaints.

"When you're in a public space, we ask people to stay in a respectable state," Eric Leuenberger, the city's aquatic activities director said Tuesday on Radio-Canada's Gravel le matin.
Apparently it's not a law or bylaw, so you just get 'a warning' if you don't comply. Makes me wonder if there'll be a monitor in the room, who's job it is to tell folks to cover up while in the change room.

But there's an interesting wrinkle, too:

Quote:
The changes come as Brossard breaks ground on a new aquatic complex, one that will do away with gender-specific change areas in favour of a universal locker room.

That gender-inclusive shared space that will cater to individuals, families and people with disabilities, including a common area and private showers and change stalls.
I guess I can understand no-nudity in what seems to be a 'free-for-all style' change room like that. Still kinda seems like it's defeating the point of a change room in the first place, though.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote