View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 10:43 AM   #15
wwkayaker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Do you feel as satiated though? Like I have eaten a "low meat" diet at times over the past couple of years and I just don't find a lot of the meals as satisfying. I realise that's probably a good thing most of the time, but feeling good and full isn't always horrible either.
I have tried plant based diets in the past and relied on salads and leafy meals. I felt hungry all of the time, hence the diet changes ended. The recipes I have been using recently are more filling and I am not hungry an hour later. A couple of these recipes are black bean burgers, black bean tortillas, and overnight oats. I found these meals to be filling and lasting. The oats and tortillas were delicious. The black bean burgers were delicious but it took me a bit to get used to the texture. I find that these recipes call for more spices than I used previously and I feel like my meals now have greater variety in taste. Between meals, I eat whole grain breads, fruit, nuts and seeds. I haven’t cut out dairy but have reduced my use significantly. I’m quite active and a bigger guy; I didn’t think the meals would meet my needs but I my energy levels are fine.
wwkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wwkayaker For This Useful Post: