View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 12:07 AM   #4
TheSutterDynasty
First Line Centre

Exp:

It's crazy how aggressive the two sides of the 'propaganda' are getting at each other, presumably because there's money and views at stake.

I believe I've read most of the updated reviews on the matter, and it basically boils down to "there are benefits to good diets", who knew.

There's very low evidence that eating a lot of read meat slightly increases your risk of certain cancers, but much is poor quality research. Any other claims against meat eating is referring to correlation studies which are very difficult to navigate and do NOT prove causation (ie frequent red meat eaters tend to be overweight, but not BECAUSE of the meat in their diet). These groups tend to have crap diets AND eat meat, rather than crap diets BECAUSE of meat.

To me, if there are no reasons you have to cut out meat (ie ethical or religious), why would you ever do it? Those diets are harder to maintain, and you risk deficiencies in B12/iron/protein (particularly complete protein). And yes, a good vegan diet will NOT have these deficiencies, but you are more likely to have them. The same way a meat diet is more likely to be associated with issues of its own.

Just eat well. Pretty simple.

An environment in which a person encounters only beliefs or opinions that coincide with their own, so that their existing views are reinforced and alternative ideas are not considered.
TheSutterDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheSutterDynasty For This Useful Post: