View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 06:42 PM   #276
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
I'd rather word the bet like this because I don't know the tech behind how it could be implemented, but am confident in the following:

'Within 12 months of March 15, 2019, the phone notification alert system will be modified to be more surgical in its blasts to ensure fewer people will be notified of potential issues. The purpose of this would be to not disturb people with a low probability of being able to help and to target those with a higher probability of being able to assist.'

I'm not trying to move the goalposts, rather just trying to be super specific and not leave wiggle room for you or me in the bet. I'd rather keep it at $20, so let me know if you accept.

On payment, if there is no public way to find out if they have changed the system by March 19, 2020, I'd consider that a win for you.

If the system hasn't changed in the way I'm expecting within the year due to cost, lack of technology, lack of will, but is changed later than the year, it's still your win.

This bet is with cam_wmh only, so I don't need half the forum messaging me in a year looking for $20 if I lose. Finally, the spirit of the bet from my perspective is I this: I think the Amber Alert system is great and am thankful we have it, but I think it can be improved to limit disruption and I believe the managers of the system would agree with me and assure us they are looking to do just that. That is what my money is on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Anyone complaining about this, is a POS.

Full stop.

Yes you Sliver. It's why I haven't re-engaged in your stupid bet, that you changed the goalposts on. Fools errand, taking your money.
I'm surprised you could read my post above and conclude I'm a piece of #### over it.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote