View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 08:58 AM   #6
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
I pay $254 a year (just basic liability, not full coverage) for my 1100cc ZRX, which would be in the same class as any of the 1000cc + crotchrockets. I would imagine smaller engine size would be lower risk therefore cheaper. I’m 48 years old with 30+ years riding experience, so obviously that will factor into it.

Also, for anybody that is thinking of getting a bike I say don’t listen to the doubters and do it, but do it smartly. Don’t go buy a 600cc or bigger as your first ride. These things are blindlingly fast and will get you into trouble before you know it. Start small and work up.

Get a copy of the book Twist of the Wrist by Keith Code and study it. It is aimed a bit more towards track riding, but he really explains the fundamental basics of how to corner properly and the dynamics of how to get the most out of you bikes handling which applies to everyday riding just as much.
Agreed. If you have experiance riding something else like dirt bikes sure start with a 600 but you can still have a lot of fun with a Honda CBR 250 or 300
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote