View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 10:44 AM   #60
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
When Selling season tickets on CP, all I care about is STH cost. I don’t care what ticketmaster charges, what tickets sell for on kijiji or stubhub. To me it’s more about the sellers, not making sure buyers are paying market price. STH already get a deep discount compared to the public price. Selling for FV should be enough of a profit.

Frame it all you want as a deal compared to ticketmaster. Really what we should be talking about is the profit for sellers. CP should not be in the business of maximizing seller profits under the guise of “but it’s not as much of a ripoff as ticketmaster”.

Scalping tickets on CP opens up the site for people to use CP to make money. More money than they already make selling their tickets for FV. I’m totally cool with the site not being used for that purpose.
This isnt really about "how do we make sure scalpers don't rip us off?" and more a question of - "In this CP community of ours, how do we make a system that's fair for buyers and sellers"

I think in theory your attitude is the one that most sellers have. But I think people end up with different end points starting with the same attitude you described above.

For example, I'm paying $6900 for season tickets, which is $163/pair for 41 games or $153/pair for 45 games. So whats the right value for cost? Do I include the preseason games or not? And if I include them, do I assign them the same value as a regular season game?

Next, we have to come to the conclusion that $163/pair is a bundled price, whereas value per ticket differs based on month, night of the week, start time, quality of team, popularity of team.

So I think the frustration stems from the fact that face value is a made up number. It's not cost and its not market value. Some tickets are worth much less than face value. Some are worth much more. And by only letting members sell at a maximum of face value, its biased against sellers. And in the current environment, where selling every game individually from a STH package would probably result in a significant loss vs the STH cost...this just acts to further penalise STHs.

I honestly believe the solution is two fold:

1) When there is a STH waitlist or average attendance is 98% plus for the current season, implement max sell price = face value

2) When there is no STH waitlist AND average attendance has fallen below 98% for the current season, implement no max sell price.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote