View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 12:04 PM   #55
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kylington for me here.

Why him and not Andersson? Skating is a factor. I wonder about his conditioning as well - it hasn't come up, but I did see to notice at the end of last season he looked gassed at times. Maybe nothing, maybe something.

At the end of the day, I just think Kylington is an absolutely filthy skater with high end offensive abilities, and I think his defensive game seems to be rounding-out really nicely.

He needs to put on a bit more strength, but I thought he was close. I wasn't alone in commentating last camp that Kylington seemed the most NHL-ready, and there were quite a few posters surprised that he got sent to the AHL. I think size is what he needed to focus on, and it wouldn't surprise me for this kid to come in and win a spot on the team this year.

Having Kylington on the team will give the Flames a different look on that third pairing to start, as he is super fast out there. I still think his ceiling is that of a top-pairing defencemen that puts up healthy points every season.

I like Andersson, but I think his mobility will hurt him, and Andersson also doesn't have the size to make up for it (not that he is small - just average-sized).

I do think that BOTH of these defencemen are going to be NHL players, I just think Kylington has the higher upside, and I think his floor has risen dramatically with how much better he is defensively.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote