Thread: Draft Re-caps
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 12:57 PM   #16
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

Going into the draft I was praying Farabee would somehow fall to 19 for me. He was the guy I was trying to move up but I wasn't able to find a willing trade partner.

My next hopeful was Rasmus Kupari who went 3 picks before I was hopeful to take him.

My targets were: Farabee (unlikely), Kupari (hopeful), Lundstrom (success), Bokk (success), Macleod (taken before I could have)

19 - Isac Lundstrom
A pretty safe pick. Projected to be a 3rd line C and hopeful to be better than that. A great skater who has been praised as one of the best two way forwards in the draft.

21 - Dominik Bokk
Maybe a bit high for him but nobody in the 20-30 range really stood out to me. A bit of a wild card in the draft as I have seen him projected anywhere from 12 - 31. Some rankings such as Pronman (Pronman - I know, take it with a grain of salt) has him at #8.

22 - Jonatan Berggren
It was between Berggren and Merkley for me here. I went with Berggren here because of his U-18 performance. Putting up 17 more points than second place on his U20 team also stood out to me. Should be a full timer on his SHL team next season. Great skater and hard worker but seems to really struggle against physical teams. If I could do a re-do I probably would have taken Merkley here just for the higher risk higher reward projection.

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Swayze11 For This Useful Post: