Thread: Draft Re-caps
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 07:15 AM   #13
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Rangers had seven picks in the later rounds.

#71 D Adam Ginning
Swedish defenseman that's been ranked in the 2nd round on most lists (Button has him at 34), so I feel I could have got some value here. Has already 40 SHL games to his name and was Swedens captain at the U18 WJC this year.

#73 C/W Jack Drury
Another name I've consistently seen in the 2nd or 3rd round (Button has him at 37). Son of Ted Drury, he's played well in the USHL and is now committed to Harvard, which probably makes him more of a long-term project.

#74 RW Albin Eriksson
And another one that's high on Buttons list (#36). Not your prototypical Swedish finesse winger, but a big scoring winger (6'4 and 205) who also had a ton of PIM in the SuperElit. Also played 17 SHL games this year.

#76 D Ty Emberson

Really liked this kid when reading up on him. Decent size and production for the US National Development team and wore an "A" at the Ivan Hlinka tournament. Committed to the University of Wisconsin.

#100 D Declan Chisholm
Wanted another defenseman and Chisholm has been consistently ranked between 80 and 100 on most lists. Limited by a shoulder injury this past season, but still decent production for the Petes and solid tools to work with.

#105 C/W Tyler Madden

Another son of a former NHLer and also another long-term project who will benefit from going to college. Madden had decent numbers in the USHL, but will have to bulk up and work on his all-around game. Committed to Northeastern University.

#114 C Matthew Struthers

Maybe reached a little bit here, but figured he's worth a punt at this point. Had good numbers after being traded to North Bay and has decent size, so who knows.

Overall I think I did okay. Hope one or two of my 3rd rounders slide into the 2nd next week.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: