Thread: Draft Re-caps
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 11:04 PM   #11
Flickered Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Wings finished with just 2 picks in the draft, as most of you know, this is the part of the game I like the least, I don't have the patience to see these picks through. My goal was to draft 2 forwards as the previous GMs have a bunch of blueline prospects on the Wings.

In the first round I wanted one of Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Grigori Denisenko or Rasmus Kupari. At 16 only Kupari was left so that made it easy. Based on what I read about him, he seems like a kid who is likely a top 6 forward with great speed who is aggressive in the offensive zone.

In round two, I wanted another forward but there was a defenseman who started to jump out at me but Jiri took him too. So, at 50 I took Riley Stotts from the Hitmen, everyone knows I love WHL kids. Stotts is another excellent skater with a really good shot, probably a middle 6 forward.

As I said in the chat during the draft, in all my years playing this game, I really believe this is the first time I have actually made more than 1 pick in a draft. Kinda sad actually.

My picks are fairly safe picks, good prospects to move forward with.
Flickered Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flickered Flame For This Useful Post: