Thread: Draft Re-caps
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 04:36 PM   #7
JonDuke
Franchise Player

Exp:

#3 - Jesperi Kotkaniemi (C)
I don't think many have him in a top 5, let alone top 3. Let's be honest here: Neither did I, until last night.
In a perfect world, the Habs take him at 3. Then Goffie runs over with Svechnikov for a swap, we both get who we want and the world returns to how it should be. Dare to dream!!!
Slim chance? Indeed. Worst case: We end up with the top rated C in this draft. His stock has been rising quickly, as of late, and the more we read, the more we like him. As long as he doesn't somehow slip to the Oilers, we'll be elated.

#20 - Vitali Kravtsov (RW)
I thought Kravstov would go around 15-18. Super happy to see the KHL's rookie of the year was able to find a way into our organization. If this kid improves his defensive game, I thin the future will be super bright. Surprisingly, he was the only Russian I chose this year.

#31 - Nils Lundkvist (D)
Didn't love this guy, but having him still available at 31 meant I had to take him.

#36 - Jared McIsaac (D)
Not gonna lie...didn't love this pick either, but needed another D in the cupboard and thought he was the BPA at the time.

#51 - Lukas Dostal - There was a higher ranked goalie available, but we're hoping this highest rated European goalie turns into Hasek 2.0.

#55 Jan Jenik
One article I read said he was "A Tiger Cub waiting to roar"
That's far cry from an eagle ready to fly, but it's good enough for me.

#56 Blade Jenkins
The guys name is freaking BLADE! Enough said.

#62 Justus Annunen - Had I not been at work and/or thought of this earlier, I would've traded way down to get this guy as I don't think he cracks the top 100. I'm not a huge fan of taking goalies so early either, but we needed to restock the cupboards. I know it's you-stus, but will forever be Justice to me. Here's hoping this magic bean flourishes.

I wasn't able to go crazy with research this year and wish I had looked more into some 2nds and 3rds, but we're happy to roll the dice with what we acquired.
JonDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JonDuke For This Useful Post: