Thread: Draft Re-caps
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 02:56 PM   #6
Goffie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pens:

#2- Andrei Svechnikov. This was a given. I traded Kuznetsov who is only making 6mill and coming off a 82 point NHL season and a trip to the CPHL finals to grab Svechnikov here. I think this kid will be an elite scorer really soon.

#26 - K'Andre Miller - This was the target at this pick. I knew he may or may not be here as the draft is very muddled in terms of who should go where and I had a few players I would be happy with but right from the start Miller was the traget. I see him as a boom or bust ith huge upside.

#40 - Jay O'Brien - I really liked O'Brien. Foudy was my target here but he went to the Canes at 33. That made me focus in on O'Brien who I think has a high ceiling if he can fulfill his potential.

#47- Jakub Lauko - we had it narrowed down between Lauko and Marchenko. We stuck with Lauko because he was a safer pick and I liked his work ethic. I also thought Marchenko would slip to 54.

#54 - Jack McBain- don't get me wrong we wanted McBain. But I thought I would land Marchenko here for sure. That was not the case. The Leafs stepped up at 53 and took Marchenko, leaving us with our 2nd choice who was McBain.

#110 - Ruslan Iskhakov - We once again had our eye on another player. Martin Fehervary was set to become a Pen until once again at 107 the Leafs stepped up and grabbed him. This left us with our second choice who is high reward pick at the 110 spot. We have seen some mocks with Iskhakov in the top 30. So he will be fun to watch on NHL draft day.

Goffie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Goffie For This Useful Post: