Thread: Shaw Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 01:13 AM   #1043
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHot25 View Post
To clarify, you have to be on the fibre internet to get their crazy good Mobile deal? I just re-upped with Shaw with internet 300, and my cell is with freedom. I'm ok but would consider moving my mother-in-law's phone under my account - she just needs talk, no data and even text, so that talk and text for 0 - even if they raise it a bit in the future - would be perfect for her.

And more so score me so many important brownie points...
My parents have had shaw 75 for years now, I went to the store with them and ported over their mobile phone and home phone number to 2 $0 plans, no issues, no need to re-up their internet plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
If it's just talk and text, Freedom (same network, Shaw owned) has a $100 prepaid 1 year unlimited talk and text.

So, this $0 Shaw deal works out to about an $8.75 savings per month as opposed to getting that. If you have to pay more to get to that level of Internet to get it for free (and don't need the upgraded Internet), it's more economical to just get the Freedom plan.
But also the Shaw deal is $10/GB that is good for 90 days, while Freedom is $15/GB good for 30 days. So for low GB users like my parents, they will be paying $3.33/mo instead of $15/mo with Freedom. Now we're talking about $20 savings per month. And they didn't actually have to upgrade their internet at all, the same 75 plan they have had for years.
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swarly For This Useful Post: