Thread: 2018 World Cup
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #200
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
In your least favorite game ever, Korea did the same thing.
Down 1-0 to Italy, Korea took off captain and sweeper Hong Myung-Bo for striker Cha Du-Ri. They also had 4 strikers on. Korea put on the pressure, tied the game and continued that pressure in overtime. A manager has to be super flexible in knockout rounds and make risky decisions.

I had to throw that in
F^%^% fixed game. Totti red card was B.S. as were the 3 offside decisions on good Italy goals.

I hate you.

Honestly the fact that the ref was pretty much banned from reffing for fixing games, and a convicted criminal after that game just proves it was rigged IMO...I feel like that game being fixed was swept under the rug by FIFA since they allowed him to ref in a major tournament to start with.

That stretch of soccer was so painful for Italy fans since they had what was a "Golden Generation" that looked like it wouldn't win anything.

94 - PK loss in finals
96 - Don't make it out of group stage after shock loss to Czech Republic (coach rested 4 starters and then got an early red card)
98 - PK loss to champion France in Quarters
00 - Lose Euro finals after conceding in the 93rd minute
02 - Lose Controversial game to Korea
04 - Don't make it out of group stage at Euro despite not losing a game

Then they win in 06 when everyone thought the team was past it's prime and too old to win.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 06-04-2018 at 04:04 PM.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: