View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 02:13 PM   #191
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
yeah he clearly is.

It seems this was primarily a decision based on systems (as in Sanes City role is different than what Löw wants from his wingers). Still crazy though because he'd be a great sub that could make a difference ... especially when you count on a fragile player like Reus who could go down every minute.
The systems thing makes less sense to me when you are talking about the guy you are taking as the 23rd player on the roster too. In the end you need to be flexible to get the best players on your squad.

When it comes to late in a game where you need a goal, or when you get to extra time in the knockout rounds, you want your gamebreakers on the pitch... system be damned.

When Italy beat Germany in the 06 semi-finals (still my favorite game ever) they had Totti, Del Piero, Iquinta, Gilardino all on the pitch in extra time, taking off two midfielders to add two more strikers. Seemed crazy at the time but they they couldn't risk going to PK with Germany and needed a goal.

I feel like if they get to a game where they are in extra time and need a goal in the 100th minute they are going to regret not having Sane as an option to come in and change the game.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post: